uthealth logo

WIC logo

The Women, Infants and Children (WIC) program promotes the health and well-being of low-income, nutritionally at-risk pregnant, breastfeeding and postpartum women, infants, and children until their fifth birthday.

The Food and Nutrition Service of the U.S. Department of Agriculture administers the WIC program, which was established in 1972. WIC provides supplemental nutritious foods, nutrition and breastfeeding education, along with referrals to other health and nutrition services, including lactation specialists. WIC promotes and supports breastfeeding.

Discover helpful information by liking UT Health WIC Program’s Facebook page!

Office Number: 713-500-2800, extension #3


7:30AM – 4:00PM – Monday, Wednesday, Friday 

8:00AM – 6:00PM -Tuesday, Thursday

8:00AM – 4:30PM – First Saturday (closed the following Monday) 

8:00AM – 4:30PM- Third Saturday (closed the following Friday) 

How apply for WIC

To set up an appointment call 713-500-2800, extension #3. 

What to Bring to your WIC Appointment
  1. Bring all who are applying for WIC to the clinic with you.  We suggest you bring an extra diaper because infants/children must be weighed with a clean, dry diaper.

  2. Bring in immunizations records for all children who are applying fro WIC, if applicable.

  3. Bring identification (one from the following list) for each person who is applying fro WIC and for the parent/guardian:

      • [list type=icon extra=]

        [list_item icon=”fa-check” type=”icon”]birth certificate[/list_item]

      • [list_item icon=”fa-check” type=”icon”]driver’s license[/list_item]

      • [list_item icon=”fa-check” type=”icon”]picture I.D. (school, employee, or official)[/list_item]

      • [list_item icon=”fa-check” type=”icon”]baptismal certificate[/list_item]

      • [list_item icon=”fa-check” type=”icon”]marriage license[/list_item]

      • [list_item icon=”fa-check” type=”icon”]voter’s registration card[/list_item]

      • [list_item icon=”fa-check” type=”icon”]passport or immigration records[/list_item]

      • [list_item icon=”fa-check” type=”icon”]military I.D.[/list_item]

      • [list_item icon=”fa-check” type=”icon”]Social Security card[/list_item]

      • [list_item icon=”fa-check” type=”icon”]Medicaid, Food Stamps, TANF card or letter[/list_item]

      • [list_item icon=”fa-check” type=”icon”]immunization record[/list_item]

      • [list_item icon=”fa-check” type=”icon”]crib card, hospital discharge papers, or hospital I.D. bracelet


  4. Bring proof of where you are living now.  Bring a bill, rent receipt, or business mail with your name and street address on it.  If you are staying with someone else, bring a gas/electric or phone bill with their name and street address on it and a note from them that say you are staying with them.  If you live in a shelter, you can bring a letter from the shelter that says you are staying there.  If you don’t have an address and/or have a post office box, call 713-690-3312.

  5. Bring Social Security numbers for every person living with you, if available.

  6. If you are getting Medicaid, Food Stamps, and/or TANF this month, bring a copy of your current Food Stamp/TANF form (Form 1009) or your Medicaid I.D. card (Form 3087).

  7. If you do not get Medicaid, Food Stamps, or TANF this month, bring written proof of income for every person living with you. Bring the most recent proof of your income.  Examples of income proof are:

      • [list type=icon extra=]

        [list_item icon=”fa-check” type=”icon”]paycheck stub[/list_item]

      • [list_item icon=”fa-check” type=”icon”]check for child support[/list_item]

      • [list_item icon=”fa-check” type=”icon”]statement of unemployment benefits[/list_item]

      • [list_item icon=”fa-check” type=”icon”]proof of money given by relative, friend, or social service agency[/list_item]

      • [list_item icon=”fa-check” type=”icon”]retirement income statement[/list_item]

      • [list_item icon=”fa-check” type=”icon”]worker’s compensation statement[/list_item]

      • [list_item icon=”fa-check” type=”icon”]Social Security benefit statement[/list_item]

      • [list_item icon=”fa-check” type=”icon”]W-2 (if issued three months ago or less)[/list_item]


    If members of your family are paid in cash or have a new job and have not yet received a paycheck, you will need a letter from their employer that says what their wages are, or you can pick up Form 19b at the WIC clinic, or download it here, for the employer to complete.  If the employer will not provide this information or if your family members are self-employed, bring a bankbook, IRS quarterly tax record, or accounting books.  If you have no proof of income, or you have no income, call the WIC office before your appointment.

  8. Bring in a list off all the people living with you and their dates of birth.  For each person in your family who you want to put on WIC, make a list of what they ate and drank the day before their WIC appointment.  If your child is at  day-care center or at a sitter’s, list what they ate and drank on the day they were in your care.